What Is A Paradigm Shift
What is a Paradigm? Based on The Oxford English Dictionary defines a paradigm as “a pattern or model, an exemplar; a typical instance of something, an example”. Essentially a paradigm is a framework – whether or not you are consciously or unconsciously aware of it, the paradigm is the main factor that contributed to your thoughts, beliefs, feelings and actions. A paradigm shift is when the basic fundamentals and concepts are changed from the original trusted system that has taken place. All transformations are inevitable as everything evolves overtimes. Imagine if you are able to sniff the changing shift before it has taken place, what kinds of impact it has on you in your life. Unfortunately, sometimes mental paradigms are hard to uproot because they are so deeply rooted over the years but, not all hope is lost, instead of uprooting the paradigm completely, you can reframe it so that it serves you instead of hampers you. There are many ways to change your mindset. You can read about it in books and articles all over the internet. Some of the most common ways to alter your mindset involve: – Changing Your Frame of Mind. – Seeking Knowledge. – Doing Your Research. Re-framing Techniques:
- Enthusiasm – Get motivated and find something that you can be enthusiastic about. Such as a hobby or a new project, use it to spur you to greater heights.
- Gratitude – Never take things for granted, be appreciative. We are designed to be dissatisfied, but never ungrateful.
- Self-Reflection – Do not dwell on your mistake and failure, keep moving on. Ask yourself “what did you learn from that experience?” You will be much wiser in your next endeavour.
- Mediocrity – Never let good enough be good enough.
- Growing Pains – Use whatever pain you’re experiencing at the time as a way to grow. How can you push past whatever limits you have in your mind about who and what you’re supposed to be?